Medical Terminology, Second Edition offers a practical approach to learning the language of medicine. Its chapters are organized like a visit to a medical office, helping students learn faster by connecting the familiar and the new.
- Full ancillaries include multimedia Encore CD with 28 types of exercises and audio of terms.
- Strong performance assessments at a variety of difficulty levels.
- Perfect for medical assisting programs.
- Only terms books with an ELL supplement.
- CONTENTS1.The Language of Healthcare.2. Whole Body and Healthcare Systems Terminology.3. The Integumentary System.4. The Musculoskeletal System.5. Hematology and Oncology.6. The Immune System.7. The Endocrine System.8. The Nervous System.9. The Special Senses: Vision, Hearing, Smell, Taste, Touch.10. The Respiratory System.11. The Cardiovascular System.12. The Gastrointestinal System.13. The Urinary System.14. The Male Reproductive System.15. The Female Reproductive System.16. Pregnancy, Birth, and Postpartum.Appendix A: Exercise Answers.Appendix B: Word Parts.Appendix C: Abbreviations.